Re: Email marketing company gives out questionable security advice

On Friday 04 July 2003 13:05, stonewall wrote:
>  Education efforts aside, this
> puts us in the position of having to field complaints about "the damn
> firewall".  Does anyone else deal with this?

We do considerable filtering/blocking for some of our customers.  We have
found that there is a significant reduction in complaints if the filter
returns a friendly error message to inform the user that things are going
according to plan rather then allowing an access attempt to fail silently.
YMMV
--
Ken Dyke
Chief Gadgeteer, Elegant Innovaions