Re: Epic Games threatens to sue security researchers

As a side note, the trojaned map vulnerability has been known to many
people in the security industry for over a year, since certain members of
us are avid UT players, and it came under some intense review. (After
finding the Powerpoint 2000 vulnerability, which is very similar, I did a
quick sweep of other interesting programs.)

In fact, back in the day, I'd almost succeeded in getting a server to send
out the modified map file and automatically exploit connecting clients.

Dave Aitel
Immunity, Inc.