Re: Local root vuln in SuSE 8.0 plptools package

Also hi,

> Hi,
>
> There is a vulnerability in the plptools (Psion tools) package of SuSE 8.0
> (possibly others; this has not been researched).
>
> Please see attached advisory for more details.
>
> Regards,
> Carl

SuSE Security would like to thank Carl Livitt for his early notice to us
on that bug. Our update packages for the affected versions of SuSE Linux
(SL-7.2 - SL-8.1) are underway and should appear at the usual update
locations and via YOU (Yast Online Update) shortly.

Thanks,
Roman Drahtmüller,
SuSE Security.
--