Re: More information regarding Etherleak

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 12:24:49AM +0100, Peter Turczak wrote:
> I audited our system running under various operating systems.
> The following OS do _not_ pad the packets with zero but something else, if
> anybody is interested in the dumps of the frames produced while testing, feel
> free to contact me.
>
> Machine		OS		Version
>
> IBM iSeries	OS/400
> IBM RS/6000	AIX 		4.3
> Sun E450		Solaris	8
> HP Printers		JetDirect	Various

In the case of the E450, the hardware does the ethernet padding. It does
with values different from 0 (0x55 in the 2 machines I tested, E420 and Ultra5),
but it doesn't come from host memory.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
     {Net,Free}BSD: 22 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference