Re: [VulnDiscuss] Re: Opentype font file causes Windows to restart- rename .TTF

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 20:12, Mark Litchfield wrote:
> Renaming the file extension to TTF (True Type Font) also causes an instant
> reboot on Win2k, although still does not work on .NET Server (don't have XP
> in house to test on at the minute).

Something that the hackers (thankfully) have seem to forgotten.

Fonts under Windows are dlls.  (Or at least treated like them.)

At least that is what I remember.  I have given up programming on the
beast.

--
Alan Olsen            | "All power is derived from the barrel of a Gnu."
alan@wirex.com        |                      - Mao Tse Stallman