Re: Potential disclosure of sensitive information in Netscape 7.0 email client

On Jan 2, Blud Clot <bludclot@hellokitty.com> wrote:
> I noticed this a while ago with netscape 4.x and those versions are
> still vulnerable as well. I've never checked 6.x.

I don't think this is a real vulnerability. The function says "delete" and
not "destroy". We all know, that data can be recovered after deletion.
The docs should be updated a little bit, but people who rely on the delete
features of their email client for security reasons can't be taken
seriously.

Markus Gaugusch
--
Markus Gaugusch       \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign