RE: vBulletin XSS Security Bug

> .:: vBulletin XSS Security Bug
>
> + Solution:
>
>     - Forum administrator can add some codes that will check
> the referred
> URL and filter its inputs or upgrade to vBulletin 3.0.

Incorrect information.  vBulletin 3.0 is still in beta and is not
available for download.  vBulletin team has posted a fix and will
include this patch in the upcoming 2.2.9 release.

To download the bug fix, please go to this URL:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=57203

As far as I know, vBulletin was not informed about this security bug
before the exploit went public.

BTW, I do not work for vBulletin.

Best,
Alex