NFS Denial of Service advisory from Sun

Hello all,

Today, Sun released an advisory (47815) about how the lockd can be used to
cause a DoS of NFS. However they did not provide any details about how the
lockd can be killed to trigger this. See
http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=fsalert%2F47815&zone_32=category%3Asecurity

Does anyone know if this security issue is somehow related to the Bugtraq
posting from Mike Murray  about lockd and nfs on Linux from  June 2000, see:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2000-06/0073.html

I currently don't have a Sun box available to test it myself, so perhaps
someone else can verify this or provide me information about this.

Grtx Mike G. (not Mike Murray)

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN!