Re: nidump on OS X

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 02:28:48PM -0700, Dale Harris wrote:

> However Apple hasn't seemed to bother addressing it yet since it
> still persists in OS X.2 (Jaguar).  You'd think they might have
> taken the opportunity to fix this problem with a new major release.

My understanding is that Apple is dumping NetInfo in favor of Open
Directory (which is based on LDAP).  Hopefully they have proper
access-control mechanisms built into that.  I can understand their
unwillingness to spend time fixing a subsystem that is going away
soon.

Does Mac OS X Server exhibit the same behavior?  Maybe the XServe
argument is a moot point.

jafager