Re: Vulnerabilities in Microsoft's Java implementation

AFAIK, because of the Microsoft vs. Sun dispute over Java rights, the
Microsoft VM only complies with Java 1.2 or maybe even lower. So as a
standard of mine, and because I can use the OBJECT tag to automagically
upgrade a client (depending on network conditions), I always have
clients upgrade to the Sun implementation. This allows me to cut down
the JAR/CAB file sizes (because I no longer have to include things like
SWING) and also it allows me to take full advantage of the Java 1.4. I
would suggest that anyone wanting to migrate take a look at
http://java.sun.com for more information (especially look at the plugin
documentation as it will make life a lot easier).

Mike Duncan
security@randomtask.net
http://www.randomtask.net