Re: Yet another SMB dos concept code

> I've tryed it against some Windows 2000/NT 4.0 machine and i noticed
> that disabling NetBIOS Null Session will keep you safe from this DOS.

Don't be fooled - disabling null sessions will only prevent
non-authenticated users from being able to execute the attack.  Users with
accounts on the box (or the domain, depending on your situation) will
still be able to play bouncy-bouncy with the machine.

Read the Microsoft article (MS02-045) - it details all of this info.

Also note that this exploit works on unpatched XP and .NET servers as
well.

Kevin