Re: IE SSL Vulnerability

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 12:24:19PM -0700, Mike Benham wrote:

> First of all, https://www.thoughtcrime.org is NOT the demo site.  Several
> people were confused by this email, and subsequently concluded that their
> browser isn't vulnerable because they got an alert that the "name on the
> certificate is invalid."  If you would like to see a demo of this
> vulnerability, please email me offline.

By the way, I've performed full man-in-the-middle with a real bank
involved and myselft as victim. It's easy and works perfectly, so I've put
a brief description and screenshots at http://arch.ipsec.pl/inteligo.html
Details on programs' setup and fake certificate generation are omitted
not to provide script-kiddies with a ready recipe.

Actually, you can use Mike's https://www.thoughtcrime.org/ as demo
site but you first need to DNS spoof your browser into thinking
that www.amazon.com has address of 66.93.78.63, which is easy using
dnsspoof from dsniff for example.

--
Paweł Krawczyk, Kraków, Poland  http://echelon.pl/kravietz/