Re: Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability in VanDyke SecureCRT 3.4 & 4.0 beta

> Thanks (and to Jim Paris).
>
> I of course did not mean that it was OK for the client to have code
> injection "portholes".  I just meant that the particular exploit path
> that was described wasn't very interesting since someone who maliciously
> controls the sshd to which you are speaking has so many other
> opportunities to exploit you.

Once again, you're wrong.  "The particular exploit path that was
desscribed" does _not_ require that someone can control the sshd to
which you're speaking -- it only requires that someone can control
your TCP/IP traffic.  There's a very big difference there.  Obviously,
the security of your TCP/IP traffic is solved with host key
verification and cryptography.  But this bug in SecureCRT happens way,
way before any of that takes place.

-jim