Re: BIND 9.2.1 patch, multiple RR's for singleton types.

>> 	fuzzy IN CNAME www.snuggie.com.
>>            IN CNAME www.r-9.net.

> The real solution to the question you pose is to fix the underlying
> problem at source (forgive the pun).  Get rid of the illegal multiple
> CNAMEs.  For the example above, just provide two A records for fuzzie
> that have the IP addresses of www.snuggie.com and ww.r-9.net.  And
> put some comments in the zone file and version control logs
> explaining what these RRs are for and why they are there.  This will
> save another maintenance headache for your eventual successor.

While creating a maintenance headache whenever www.snuggie.com and/or
www.r-9.net happen to modify the list of addresses they resolve to.

This "solution" creates problems of its own; it is no more a "real
solution" than the other.  The only real benefit I can see to it is
that it doesn't involve fixing the underlying lack and thus requires no
effort from the rest of the world, and even that is a benefit only to
that "rest of the world", not to the person you are offering it as a
"solution" to.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign