Re: MIME::Tools Perl module and virus scanners

That's good research, and good work.

And I agree with the conclusion you implied:

> If you use MIMEDefang (which uses MIME::Tools), you may want to
> unconditionally call action_rebuild in filter_begin().  This
> forces the MIME message to be rebuilt by MIME::Tools, resulting in
> a valid MIME message.

That's the only approach that offers promise of settling this class
of problems.

Do MIME::Tools and/or MIMEDefang know about the punctuation marks
that some Windows MUAs silently ignore in filename extensions? How
about charset canonicalization, non-default (incorrect but commonly
accepted) UTF-8 encodings?

-Bennett