Re: PIX DOS (config problem) - Similar to NetScreen ScreenOS...

David,

I found your notes very interesting, and I too must agree that Cisco's
published
configuration example is less-than ideal. What about the ip verify
reverse-path command?
First introduced in PIX OS 4.4, notes  at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_v44/relnotes/p
ixrn445.htm#xtocid2419610

I agree that simply configuring the NAT statement to allow any inside host
to establish an outbound
connection and occupy an xlate slot is sloppy, and I recommend that explicit
network identifiers always
be used when associating a NAT identifier to a global pool. I was just
curious as to your thoughts about
reverse-path?

Thanks in advance,

Zeke Gibson, Sr. Systems Engineer