Re: USPS Online Bill Pay - Cleartext Password Leakage

I just wanted to let the readers of this list know that this issue is
not necessarily in Checkfree code...
this issue could be due to an interface coded by USPS to a Checkfree
product. I also wanted to note
that Checkfree was not notified by Matthew Dent about this issue as you
can see from the dialog below.
I only mention this because Matthew made note that he got NO vendor
response. In closing the way
Matthew worded his advisory "Other Checkfree portals" may also be
vulnerable, may not be a correct
statement as you can see that Matthew himself assumes the interface or
portal was coded by USPS
themselves.

*My views and opinions do not necessarily reflect the views of my company*
-KF