Re: Mac Netscape password fields

At 10:27 AM -0600 2001/11/21, behr@math.niu.edu wrote:
>I apologize if this is well known, but the thread about IE password
>inputs reminded me of a somewhat more serious problem in Netscape for
>MacOS (v. 4.77, and at least some earlier ones):

A few fast Google searches did not reveal any highly ranked pages
  that discuss this problem, therefore it isn't "well known".

>   access a page with <input type="password" ...>
>   type something in that field
>   print
>The "secret" string prints in clear text.

I just downloaded a fresh copy of the latest Communicator (v4.79)
  and it still exhibits this security flaw. I wonder what the point
  of 4.79 is, if it doesn't fix bugs like this?

--
Francis Uy, Web Coordinator http://www.cty.jhu.edu/cde/ 410-516-0162