RE: Javascript in IE may spoof the whole screen

> From: Julian Hall
> > Georgi Guninski security advisory #50, 2001
> > Image moving over download/open dialog:
> > http://www.guninski.com/opf2.html
> > BSOD emulation:
> > http://www.guninski.com/bsod1.html
>
> Neither of these demonstrations function correctly in IE 5.0;
> they produce script
> error message boxes, reporting that the 'object does not
> support the requested
> method'.  I don't know whether that means IE 5.0 isn't
> vulnerable or not...

It means that Guninski used the popup object in his examples, which was
first introduced in IE5.5+ - using chromeless window objects will yield the
same results in IE4+.

The advisory still holds, the example was just flawed.

Regards
Thor Larholm
Jubii A/S - Internet Programmer