Re: [RHSA-2001:110-05] Insecure setserial initscript

> Do not use the initscript supplied with setserial.  To disable it, use=20
> the following command:
>
> /sbin/chkconfig serial off
>
> Alternatively, if your system needs manual adjustment of its serial
> port settings and you wish to have those adjustments re-applied
> automatically on boot, be sure to use a kernel that has non-modular
> serial port support, such as those supplied by Red Hat, Inc.

I hope this isn't the final solution, because in my view, it's not
acceptable. I need to compile serial support as a module, not hard-coded
in the kernel, or else IrDA  won't work correctly. If I interpret the
above correctly, it says that you either disable serial support, or
hard-code serial into the kernel instead of loading it as a module.
In that case, it will be impossible to use IrDA on a Red Hat system,
and I don't think that's an acceptable permanent solution.

--Greg