Problems in Forte Developer 6 dbx and install docs

Sun's compilers for sparc come with a very nice feature: the debugger
can instrument an a.out and check for some classes of errors at runtime.
There's also a very nice batch interface to this: "bcheck -all a.out".

Unfortunately this mechanism doesn't work properly in any version of
Forte Developer 6 to date: it fails to detect many obvious buffer out
of bounds array references.  This is Sun bugID 4460648, which I'm told
is marked as "Completed Closed" and "Not Fixed".

While this isn't a security problem per-se, given that many people rely
on this (and similar) tools to test their software for a popular class
of security related bugs, it is a notable defect.

/* Compile me, then run "bcheck -all a.out".
   Half the bugs will be missed.  */
#include <stdlib.h>
int main() {
   char *a = malloc(10);
   a[11]=9;   /*hit*/
   a[20]=9;   /*miss*/
   a[7190]=9; /*miss*/
   a[8190]=9; /*hit*/
   exit(0);
}

There's another bug in Forte 6.x, this one in the documentation, which
says to use  "xhost + target-matchine" to install the software.  That
advice represents the very antithesis of best current practice, and surely
needs to be changed.  A RFE has been filed with the documentation group.
(The same bad advice appears in many of Sun's installation documents.)