Re: Support for the pseudo-C BPF assembler syntax in GAS

On Thu, 2023-04-27 at 12:14 +0200, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
> Odd.  I replied to this yesterday, but somehow it wasn't sent.

> > > This is the assembler, i.e. binutils.
> > > We don't need to update the compiler.

> > This is awesome!
> > We recently converted tens of thousands of lines of bpf asm from macros
> > to inline asm in C.
> > See tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/verifier_*.c
> > I wonder how gas-bpf can deal with that.
>
> Inline assembly shall work.

There is also an LLVM testcase [1] where most of the instructions are covered,
but you probably have something similar.

Just of the curiosity, is the state machine generated by some tool or
is it "pen and paper" exercise?

[1] https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/main/llvm/test/CodeGen/BPF/assembler-disassembler.s