[LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] XDP metadata for TX

I'd like to discuss a potential follow up for the previous "XDP RX
metadata" series [0].

Now that we can access (a subset of) packet metadata at RX, I'd like to
explore the options where we can export some of that metadata on TX. And
also whether it might be possible to access some of the TX completion
metadata (things like TX timestamp).

I'm currently trying to understand whether the same approach I've used
on RX could work at TX. By May I plan to have a bunch of options laid
out (currently considering XSK tx/compl programs and XDP tx/compl
programs) so we have something to discuss.

I'd like to some more input on whether applying the same idea on TX
makes sense or not and whether there are any sensible alternatives.
(IIRC, there was an attempt to do XDP on egress that went nowhere).

0: https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/20230119221536.3349901-1-sdf@xxxxxxxxxx/