Adjust packets in SK_SKB verdict program

Hello everyone,

I have a question about sk_skb eBPF hook. Specifically my question is about resizing packets in the sk_skb verdict programs using `bpf_skb_adjust_room`. The issue is that even though I call this helper and it returns successfully, after redirecting the packet, the size of the packet received on the other side of the socket (userspace app) has the original size.

I believe that this helper works properly and it really increases the skb room. Also after invoking this helper, the verifier won't complain about out of packet accesses. I think the issue is that the length would be overwritten by the value from the  stream parser before redirecting the skb (look at [1]).

Looking at the implementation of `bpf_skb_adjust_room` helper function  (here [2]), it seems that at line [3] the stream parser value is updated if there is a context for the TLS program. In my test environment this update is not happening (I checked by adding printk). I am not interested in kTLS, so it makes sense to me that this branch is not taken. But it also makes me wonder if there should be a similar thing for other sk_skb programs. Am I missing a point?

My question is, can a sk_skb verdict program resize the packet it redirects?

Just for the sake of testing, I added some changes to update the stream parser length value with respect to room adjustment and it solves the issue. But I wonder if I have missed the point.

[1] https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/net/core/skmsg.c#L664
[2] https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/net/core/filter.c#L3536
[3] https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/net/core/filter.c#L3562

Sincerely,