libbpf API to extract bpf_line_info from a ELF file?

Libbpf folks,

Is there already an API or are there plans to add a supported API to extract bpf_line_info from an ELF file?

The closest I can find is:
LIBBPF_API LIBBPF_DEPRECATED("btf_ext__reloc_line_info was never meant as a public API and has wrong assumptions embedded in it; it will be removed in the future libbpf versions")
int btf_ext__reloc_line_info(const struct btf *btf,
                 const struct btf_ext *btf_ext,
                 const char *sec_name, __u32 insns_cnt,
                 void **line_info, __u32 *cnt);

But this is marked as deprecated.

Use case:
Prevail ebpf-verifier emits "pretty printed" BPF instructions in various use cases (verification failure, dump of assembly, and others). I was planning on augmenting it so that it would also emit the file/line number to make debugging verifier failures easier for developers.

I ended up writing my own code to extract bpf_line_info from a .BTF and .BTF.ext sections, but ideally, I would want to use the parser in libbpf.

Regards,
Alan Jowett