Missing events when intercepting execve and sched_wakeup_new

I am intercepting three tracepoints in an eBPF program:
sched_wakeup_new, sys_enter_execve, and sys_exit_execve.
To test it out, I spawned a bash shell and ran something
like "ps -aux | grep exe".

I think I'm misunderstanding how the two events relate to each other.
Here's an example result (not actual data).

Time    |       PID     |       Event                   |       Name
1       |       5       |       sched_wakeup_new        |       bash
1       |       5       |       sched_wakeup_new        |       bash
4       |       10      |       sys_enter_execve        |       ps
6       |       12      |       sys_enter_execve        |       grep
10      |       10      |       sys_exit_execve
14      |       12      |       sys_exit_execve

My question: why do ps and grep not trigger sched_wakeup_new? When would
sched_wakeup_new actually be triggered or not triggered? I assumed it
would trigger an event for each new process that's created.