Re: AF_XDP metadata/hints

On Tue, 25 May 2021 16:20:27 +0200 Alexander Lobakin <alexandr.lobakin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Saeed Mahameed <saeed@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >
> > > On Fri, 2021-05-21 at 15:31 +0200, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
[...]
> > > I agree we need full visibility and transparency, i actually recommend:
> > > bpf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > +1, please keep this on the list :)
>
> Sure, let's keep it the classic way.
> I removed the netdev ML from the CCs and added bpf there.

I'm very happy with the momentum, that multiple people and companies are
interested in this XDP-hints subject.  I doubt everyone is subscribed
to bpf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I'm having a hard time remembering who to
Cc.  I see this as a working group effort.

Is anybody against that we create xdp-hints@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (and I/toke
will add people to this list).  This is only to reduce the Cc list, and
we should still keep bpf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in Cc as well as our upstream
discussion list.  If nobody object then we will do this in a couple of
days...

(Do let me know offlist, if you want to be removed from this Cc list
prior to creating this... else CC list, you are opting in :-P ).
--
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer