Re: selftest/bpf/test_verifier_log fails on v5.11-rc5

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 9:23 PM Jiri Olsa <jolsa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 03:50:22PM +0100, Jiri Olsa wrote:
>
> SNIP

> > > Seems like a good idea indeed :-)
> > >
> > > I'm applying the patch below with your Signed-off-by, etc, ok?
> >
> > ok, thanks
>
> Paul, Ondrej,
>
> I put all the recent fixes and made a scratch build:
>   https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=61049457
>
> if you have a chance to test and check your issue was resolved,
> that'd be great

I just built the current master branch of dwarves (d783117162c0, which
includes Jirka's patch) [1] in COPR [2] and then rebuilt the kernel
with it [3]. With the new dwarves, the issue seems to be fixed -
/sys/kernel/btf/vmlinux is back to ~4MB and the selinux-testsuite BPF
subtest passes.

Thanks everyone for getting to the bottom of this! Hoping to see an
updated dwarves in rawhide soon ;)

[1] https://github.com/acmel/dwarves/
[2] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/omos/kernel-btf-test/build/1930103/
[3] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/omos/kernel-btf-test/build/1930104/

--
Ondrej Mosnacek
Software Engineer, Platform Security - SELinux kernel