Re: [RFC] Add BPF_PROG_TYPE_CGROUP_IOCTL

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 9:39 PM Kenny Ho <y2kenny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.

pls don't top post.

> Cgroup awareness is desired because the intent
> is to use this for resource management as well (potentially along with
> other cgroup controlled resources.)  I will dig into bpf_lsm and learn
> more about it.

Also consider that bpf_lsm hooks have a way to get cgroup-id without
being explicitly scoped. So the bpf program can be made cgroup aware.
It's just not as convenient as attaching a prog to cgroup+hook at once.
For prototyping the existing bpf_lsm facility should be enough.
So please try to follow this route and please share more details about
the use case.