Re: [LINUX-KERNEL] - bpf batch support for queue/stack

On 6/26/20 5:01 AM, Simone Magnani wrote:
Hi,

I'm Simone and I'm new to this community.
Lately, I've been working on in-kernel traffic analysis with eBPF and
the newest features released in the latest kernel versions
(queue/stack, batch operations,...).
For some reason, I couldn't help but notice that Queues and Stacks bpf
map types don't support batch operations at all, and I was wondering
why. Is there any reason why this decision has been made or it is just
temporary and you are planning to implement it later on?

The initial implementation targets to specific use cases for
hash and array maps. Yes, queue and stack batch operations could
be supported. The necessary infrastructure and example implementation
for hash/array maps are in the kernel tree. You or anyone interested
are welcome to take a try.

Reference file: linux/kernel/bpf/queue_stack_maps.c (and all the
others belonging to the same directory)

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Simone