Re: [issue]: sockmap restrain send if receiver block

thanks for reply.

i mean the sk_msg with TCP protocol.  in this case, sender  use sk_stream_memory_free()

to check if memory is free. and in __sk_stream_memory_free(), if sk->sk_wmem_queued

is bigger then sk->sk_sndbuf or sk notsent_bytes(tp->write_seq - tp->snd_nxt) is too

bigger then __sk_stream_memory_free() will return false and do sk_stream_wait_memory().

but in sk_msg mode, tcp_bpf_sendmsg() whill not create skb structure and not use

seq to recording sending info,so sk->sk_wmem_queued is not changed in

tcp_bpf_sendmsg() path, and __sk_stream_memory_free() will always return true.

In bpf_tcp_ingress() it will copy the sender msg and charge it, and in tcp_bpf_recvmsg(),

it will uncharge the msg after sk_msg_recvmsg() receive it from psock ingress_msg queue,

if receiver is not to read again due to application bug, but sender continuous send,

then the receiver psock ingress_msg queue will continuous increase and cannot be uncharge

until tcp socket memory is not enough in the fllowing path.

tcp_bpf_sendmsg

tcp_bpf_send_verdict

tcp_bpf_sendmsg_redir

bpf_tcp_ingress

sk_wmem_schedule

so if a sk_msg type sockmap receiver is block, then it may consume all the tcp socket memory

and influence other tcp stream,  can we have a better way to limit it ?

just like tcp use sk_sendbuf to limit per tcp stream?

thanks.

在 2024/6/18 1:07, 【外部账号】 John Fastabend 写道: