[LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] bpf qdisc

Hi all,

I would like to discuss bpf qdisc in the BPF track. As we now try to
support bpf qdisc using struct_ops, we found some limitations of
bpf/struct_ops. While some have been discussed briefly on the mailing
list, we can discuss in more detail to make struct_ops a more
generic/palatable approach to replace kernel functions.

In addition, I would like to discuss supporting adding kernel objects
to bpf_list/rbtree, which may have performance benefits in some
applications and can improve the programming experience. The current
bpf fq in the RFC has a 6% throughput loss compared to the native
counterpart due to memory allocation in enqueue() to store skb kptr.
With a POC I wrote that allows adding skb to bpf_list, the throughput
becomes comparable. We can discuss the approach and other potential
use cases.

Thanks,
Amery