Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] Compiled BPF and toolchains

On 2/21/24 3:09 AM, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
The discussions we had last year in LSFMMBPF about BPF support in GCC
were very useful, and led to more and better interactions between the
BPF GCC maintainers, the BPF clang maintainers and the rest of the BPF
community.  This helped a lot to achieve better convergence with clang.

We think it would be good to repeat the experience this year with a
session where we could discuss particular topics related to compiled BPF
in general, like the toolchain requirements introduced by the new
features being proposed for BPF (such as supporting segmented stacks,

It will be shadow stack, as suggested by Alexei, in order to
maintain the current seemless support for stack backtracing.

just to mention a recent one) and how to better support these in both
GCC and clang.

Another topic worth gcc involvement is potential compiler support for static key in bpf programs. https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/CAADnVQJ+_+ok_io1_W7e5z_dZhxSqhEFZQkumRgmY4AJRYwW7g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/