Re: pull-request: bpf-next 2023-12-18

On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 11:23:50AM +0100, Christian Brauner wrote:
> Alexei, Andrii, this is a massive breach of trust and flatout
> disrespectful. I barely reword mails and believe me I've reworded this
> mail many times. I'm furious.
>
> Over the last couple of months since LSFMM in May 2023 until almost last
> week I've given you extensive design and review for this whole approach
> to get this into even remotely sane shape from a VFS perspective.

This isn't new behaviour from the BPF people.  They always go their own
way on everything.  They refuse to collaborate with anyone in MM to make
the memory allocators work with their constraints; instead they implement
their own.  It feels like they're on a Mission From God to implement the
BPF Operating System and dealing with everyone else is an inconvenience.

https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/20220623003230.37497-1-alexei.starovoitov@xxxxxxxxx/