Re: Does skb_metadata_differs really need to stop GRO aggregation?

On 11/29/23 10:52 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
Edward Cree <ecree.xilinx@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
On 28/11/2023 14:39, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
I'm not quite sure what should be the semantics of that, though. I.e.,
if you are trying to aggregate two packets that have the flag set, which
packet do you take the value from? What if only one packet has the flag

It would probably make sense if both packets have it set.

set? Or should we instead have a "metadata_xdp_only" flag that just
prevents the skb metadata field from being set entirely?

What would be the use case compared to resetting meta data right before
we return with XDP_PASS?

Sounds like what's actually needed is bpf progs inside the GRO engine
  to implement the metadata "protocol" prepare and coalesce callbacks?

Hmm, yes, I guess that would be the most general solution :)

Feels like a potential good fit, agree, although for just solving the
above sth not requiring extra BPF might be nice as well.

Thanks,
Daniel