Compile build issues with samples/bpf/ again

Hi Maintainers,

It is annoy to experience that simply building kernel tree samples/bpf/
is broken as often as it is.  Right now, build is broken in both DaveM
net.git and bpf.git.  ACME have some build fixes queued from Björn
Töpel. But even with those fixes, build (for samples/bpf/task_fd_query_user.c)
are still broken, as reported by Eric Sage (15 Oct), which I have a fix for.

Could maintainers add building samples/bpf/ to their build test scripts?
(make headers_install && make M=samples/bpf)

Also I discovered, the command to build have also recently changed:
- Before : make samples/bpf/   or  simply make in subdir samples/bpf/
- new cmd: make M=samples/bpf  and in subdir is broken

Anyone knows what commit introduced this change?
(I need it for a fixes tag, when updating README.rst doc)

--
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer