patch review delays

The last few days I've experienced long email delivery when I was not
directly cc-ed on patches.
Even right now I see some patches in patchworks, but not in my inbox.
Few folks reported similar issues.
In order for everyone to review the submissions appropriately
I'll be applying only the most obvious patches and
will let others sit in the patchworks a bit longer than usual.
Sorry about that.
Ironic that I'm using email to talk about email delays.

My understanding that these delays are not vger's fault.
Some remediations may be used sporadically, but
we need to accelerate our search of long term solutions.
I think Daniel's l2md:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dborkman/l2md.git/
is a great solution.
It's on my todo list to give it a try,
but I'm not sure how practical for every patch reviewer on this list
to switch to that model.
Thoughts?