Re: Linux 5.4 - bpf test build fails

On 9/24/19 10:03 AM, Shuah Khan wrote:
On 9/24/19 9:52 AM, Cristian Marussi wrote:
Hi Shuah

On 24/09/2019 16:26, Shuah Khan wrote:
Hi Alexei and Daniel,

bpf test doesn't build on Linux 5.4 mainline. Do you know what's
happening here.

make -C tools/testing/selftests/bpf/

side question, since I'm writing arm64/ tests.

my "build-testcases" following the KSFT docs are:

make kselftest
make TARGETS=arm64 kselftest
make -C tools/testing/selftests/
make -C tools/testing/selftests/ INSTALL_PATH=<install-path> install
make TARGETS=arm64 -C tools/testing/selftests/
make TARGETS=arm64 -C tools/testing/selftests/ INSTALL_PATH=<install-path> install
./kselftest_install.sh <install-path>

Cristian,

That being said, I definitely want to see this list limited to
a few options.

One problem is that if somebody wants to do just a build, there
is no option from the main makefile. I have sent support for that
a few months ago and the patch didn't got lost it appears. I am
working on resending those patches. The same is true for install.
I sent in a patch for that a while back and I am going to resend.
These will make it easier for users.

I would really want to get to supporting only these options:

These are supported now:

make kselftest
make TARGETS=arm64 kselftest (one or more targets)

Replace the following:

make -C tools/testing/selftests/ with

make kselftes_build option from main makefile

Replace this:
make -C tools/testing/selftests/ INSTALL_PATH=<install-path> install

with
make kselftest_install

That way we can support all the use-cases from the main Makefile

thanks,
-- Shuah