eBPF verifier slowness, more than 2 cpu seconds for about 600 instructions

I do have a working eBPF program (handcrafted assembler) that has about
600 instructions. This programs takes more than 2 CPU seconds to load.

In short, the eBPF program selects and redirects packets, does MSS
clamping and sends ICMPs where required for IPv4 and IPv6. The eBPF
program is part of a project that will be GPLed when sufficiently
ready.

I am willing to cobble something testable together and post it
(attachment only) or send it directly, if somebody on this list is
willing to investigate, why the verifier is having lots of CPU for
breakfast.

Please let me know if and how to proceed.