Re: Per-queue XDP programs, thoughts

On 2019/4/16 上午12:32, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
If we'd like to slice a netdevice into multiple queues. Isn't macvlan
or similar*virtual*  netdevices a better path, instead of introducing
yet another abstraction?
XDP redirect a more generic abstraction that allow us to implement
macvlan.  Except macvlan driver is missing ndo_xdp_xmit. Again first I
write this as global-netdev XDP-prog, that does a lookup in a BPF-map.
Next I configure HW filters that match the MAC-addr into a queue# and
attach simpler XDP-prog to queue#, that redirect into macvlan device.

I'm afraid what we want is a full XDP support for macvlan (RX) not only a XDP TX support? This could not be done through XDP_REDIRECT. If we want to use  XDP_REDIRECT, we should implement XDP support for ifb then redirect packet there.

Thanks