BT_GETCAPABILITIES failed

Hello,

I'm trying to get my headset working, a HBH-610a from sony-ericsson.
It worked with the old hci_usb and the flow-control patches until kernel
2.6.21.5

My setup:
- kernel 2.6.27 or vmlinuz-2.6.26-mh7
- bluez-utils 4.13
- bluez-gnome-1.8
- bluez-firmware-1.2 (unsure if needed)

I'm starting bluetoothd and I'm able to pair the headset using the
bluetooth-wizard. The pairing sometimes crashes the kernel with
2.6.26-mh7.

My .asoundrc:
pcm.headset {
   type bluetooth
   device 00:12:EE:A6:FC:1E
}

But when I'm trying to record audio from the headset I get the
following, independent of prior pairing or not:

$ arecord -D headset -f S16_LE test.wav
ALSA lib pcm_bluetooth.c:1516:(audioservice_recv) trying to receive msg from audio service...
ALSA lib pcm_bluetooth.c:1520:(audioservice_recv) Received BT_GETCAPABILITIES_RSP
ALSA lib pcm_bluetooth.c:1624:(bluetooth_init) BT_GETCAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
arecord: main:564: audio open error: Input/output error

I tracked it down to the function manager_find_device in
audio/manager.c, called from handle_getcapabilities_req in
audio/unix.c:

    struct audio_device *manager_find_device(const bdaddr_t *bda,
                                             const char *interface,
                                             gboolean connected)
    {
        GSList *l;
        for (l = devices; l != NULL; l = l->next) {

since devices is NULL, the function fails. no pairing or connection
attempt. the functions audio_manager_init and manager_get_device are
never called, which would probably fill up the linked list.

Here my questions:
- what am I doing wrong ?
- is the procedure right for arecord/aplay ?
- what can I do to help ?

regards

 andré

--
Andre Roth   | <lynx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
GPG: FADF988E| 0959 4D7C F8ED DF4B 90A6  CF71 9EDF 52D1 FADF 988E