Re: Sony Bluetooth BD Remote Control

Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 15:12 +0200, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> <snip>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I bought a bluetooth remote for a bluetooth mobile system that I am
>> trying to built. (bluetooth remote, speakers, mouse, keyboard, headset, gps)
>>
>> However I can't get the device to work out of the box... I have found
>> some script and some tools on the internet but this is not very
>> maintainable (and I could not get it to work)
>>
>> I am wondering what is needed to create a good healthy maintainable
>> system to get the remote working out of the box after connecting to it
>> with bluez...? So how do we create out of the box support for bluetooth
>> devices?
>>
>> hidd[3688]: New HID device 00:1E:3D:15:0A:4F (Sony Computer
>
> There's no hidd support for the PS3 BD remote. Use bluez-{utils,libs}
> 3.36, or use the latest versions of bluez and bluez-gnome (and make sure
> your version has that patch[1]).
>
> And don't use that "Linux driver" horror that requires networking...
>
> [1]:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez-gnome.git;a=commit;h=c99b105989a216dd4565228ba7dc3b2702f4a6ad

Thank you for the information,

I currently use bluez-utils_3.36-2_i386.deb and bluetooth_3.36-2_all.deb
on my debian sid system this is version 3.36 as suggested. I don't know
if the patch is applied on the package. Should the device have worked on
my system?

But I am kind of curious what is needed to get such device working in
the source code and how keys are mapped.

Kind regards,

Jelle