Re: Simple pairing script instead of bluez-gnome

Hi,

On Oct 5, 2008, at 7:06, John Frankish wrote:
> I have bluez-4.4 working on a minimal 2.6.26 system - rather than use
> bluez-gnome to pair, is there a simple script somewhere than would
> take a PIN and bluetooth address as inputs and pair using dbus?

Sounds like test/simple-agent is what you need (might have been src/
simple-agent in 4.4). If you run it with
./simple-agent hci0 <remote address>
it will use D-Bus to initiate pairing and ask you for the PIN
interactively (on stdin). It should also be quite trivial to modify
this script if you prefer to give the PIN from the command line
directly. Btw, I'd recommend that you update to the latest bluez
version (4.11) since we've fixed plenty of bugs since 4.4.

Johan