Re: Question about Bluez-4.1 Object Paths

Greetings, Marcel

BTW: Not sure what is going on with the lists, but I just got your
response in the digest today.  Good thing we have irc.

> Hi David,
>
>> After installing 4.1 yesterday, I noticed that the object paths for
>> org.bluez.Adapter and org.bluez.Device have changed: both are now
>> prefixed with "/org/bluez", probably reflecting the recent firestorm
>> with the DBus folks.  So now, the object path for the "zero-th"
>> adapter
>> is not "/hci0", but "/org/bluez/hci0" as it was for the "legacy" DBus
>> interface.
>
> the object path of the adapter and device interfaces need to be
> discovered via functions like ListAdapters and ListDevices. Relying on
> stable object path names is wrong. I will change them randomly from
> release to release if I have to. Any application that will break
> because
> of this is a broken application.

Agree with the requirement to discover adapter and device interface
object paths.

Also noted that we are still using "/" for org.bluez.Manager, and
appreciate your "reasons" for doing so ;-) (raising Havoc, so to speak).