PassKey Agent question

Hi,

I'm doing a program that use bluetooth for  the OpenMoko phones, I need a passkey agent to allow paring from some devices that resquest that, after I wrote the a passKey agent I notice that by default the hcid.conf file in the OpenMoko file system have the security mode set to "auto", so my passkey agent don't get called, if I change it to "user" everything works fine.
After some search I found a lot of confusing information so my questions are :

- the Bluez-pin helper in no longer supported right ?
- By default the security mode is set to "auto" ?
- Is possible to change it with some bluez util or command ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

--
Valério Valério