Re: No more binary SDP registration in new 4.0 API?

Hi Manuel,

> > the idea is not to use binary SDP records at all anymore. Also we wanna
> > move the record registration and service authorization into a plugin and
> > don't have this in the Adapter interface anymore.
> >
> Ok got it. So then to work with binary records you should use bluelib
> right? Or this is going to be deprecated too?.

yes, the access via SDP Unix socket will also go away.

> Thing is that in cases like BIP you wanna work with binary stuff,
> embedding xml records in your code might not be a good idea at all.
>
> In fact the patch I created was to start making obex-data-server use the
> new API, but this was some how a boomer. What shall we do? Use sdplib,
> or go with xml strings?

I think the best is to move this all into a plugin and then we could
have a plugin that provides binary record registration. However I am not
a big fan of doing SDP without XML anymore. Building the record with the
current C function is painful and leads to errors or memory leaks.

Regards

Marcel