Re: Adapter.RegisterAgent

Hi, Marcel.

> Hi David,
>
>> There may be a valid use-case to allow for the Agent to be a separate
>> process.  However, there needs to be a way to designate the BusName
>> of
>> the connection from the other Agent process to the System bus.
>
> I really have no idea what you are talking about. The agent can always
> be a separate process. The agent for CreatePairedDevice must be the
> same
> process as the caller. That is on purpose.

Actually, in RegisterAgent, the agent cannot (now) be a separate
process, because the path name provided is a DBus Object Path only. What
is used is the unique connection name of the process calling
RegisterAgent.  Line 4143 of adapter.c:

    name = dbus_message_get_sender(msg);

One other point: if the Object Path is not found, no error is thrown.
The syslog indicates that the agent was registered, although it will
never work.

WRT CreatePairedAgent in the same process, fine enough.  I can
understand the rationale.  Got it.

Best...