adding PDU and debbugging sdp daemon

Dear Sir,

I'm modifying bluez-libs and bluez-utils (i'm using 3.9 version) to introduce new pdu relating to registration, request and response of new services.
For example  i'm adding new pdu types, defining them into  bluez-libs-3.9/include/sdp.h

# define SDP_NEW_REGISTER_REQ 0x85

But during debugging I returned errno = EINVAL (in function process_request written in bluez_utils_3.9/sdpd/request.c )and the sdp daemon log file  gets the following result:

Jun 25 21:26:31 pinta-desktop hcid[4967]: Unknown PDU ID : 0x85 received

How can i accept new types of pdu declared?
Is there a way to debug sdp daemon alternative to log file, for example using gdb o using particular options in ./configure command? I tried using --enable-debug option for configure and launching gdb, but they don't work.

Thanks for your support and sorry for my english.

Best Regards,
Carlo M.