Multiple SCO connections

Dear All:
I am currently trying to extend a bluetooth channel driver (chan_mobile) for Asterisk (a VoIP PBX).
Now I have a few questions about SCO in bluez stack.
(1) Does latest Bluez support multiple SCO from one USB dongle to multiple cell phones (Hands-Free Profile)?
According to this discussion thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.devel/12893/focus=12903, the hci_usb.c is not patched to fully support multiple SCO links for a single USB dongle. (But the weird thing is the original poster gets things to work by only removing wrong usage in socket setting).

(2) Is there any simple way to test the simultaneous SCO connections from one dongle to two cell phones? By using socket, I know we can send data and receive from the remote side. But as for interacting with cell phone's Hand's Free Profile, is there any simple way? such as pressing the button on the phone?

(3) Is there any way to check the packet type of baseband controller of the USB bluetooth dongle (HV2 or HV3..)? since the hci_dump or hcitool can only retrieve or dump the hci message.

Thanks.